Welcome to team awesome. Welcome to team Cinema Listings!
Our mission – to provide a comprehensive cinema website that not only tells you what films are showing in the UK, regardless of cinema chain, but clearly categorises cinemas in the UK and Ireland, allowing you to choose what type of cinema to watch the latest films in.
From independent cinemas to luxury venues that have sofas, or if you just want to be able to watch a film with a beer, our aim is to really easily and clearly give you this information so you can decide where you might want to go for your next trip to the big screen.
And most importantly for us, we want to celebrate and champion cinemas in the UK, big or little, community or chain.
It’s been quite a journey. Six years, some tears but a lot of support from film lovers like you. There are over 1100 cinemas in the UK and Ireland. We’ve spent literally months manually classifying every one of them. Writing useful content. Building the framework to manage reviews. Working with feed providers to get constantly accurate listings so you can be sure that if you are more of a Cat on a Hot Tin roof watcher than a Catwoman lover, you get the right cinema and listing information.
What can you expect?
- Information on all UK cinemas, including pop-up experiences, with all their respective showings
- The ability to find a cinema near you, by nearly any type or selection of amenities including seating, projection format, a licensed bar onsite and disabled access
- A growing selection of in-depth reviews of every cinema classified by sound and picture quality, friendliness and cleanliness to name a few
- Film information, reviews, images and trailers
- News on everything UK cinema (checkout The Interval).
We are still at the beginning of our journey. There’s also a ton of stuff we’d like to implement, but we are moving forwards and doing so because we are passionate about cinema and believe we can build a great product that can help people like you really maximise your visits to the big screen.